Thursday, May 29, 2008

Practical 4 & 5

SOooo What's Today Specials?

Internet Search Facilities

After today's lab, I have learnt more search facilities, the way to list the variations to keywords and the comparison of the effectiveness of search facilities.

Now let me share with you, my experience after using various search facilities.

3 main search facilities :

Search Engine ( that I always use)
Google Search & Yahoo! Search

Meta Search Engine ( I just learnt)
Metacrawler, Mamma Meta Search and etc..

Subkect Directory ( I just learnt too)
Yahoo! Directory , Google Directory and etc..

All these search facilities have its usefulness in term of the topic that we are searching for as it display most relevant search results .

And NOW!!

I will introduce the boolean operators that will help you in search results.


AND- narrowing the search, include both phrases
OR – expanding the search, include either of the phrases
AND NOT – restricting the search

these really works!! Try It!!! :)

Well, to end off with today's practical, its really fun learning about search facilities that will DEFINITELY help me with my search topic in future.

No comments: